Please, don’t panic. We will get through this.
Cura Telehealth & Wellness, as well as our associated regional clinics and affiliated hospitals have been in preparation to ensure our patients, and also our employees, are protected should Coronavirus (COVID-19) increase prevalence as is a concern. Our telemedicine software at Cura.com can reach you in your home in all the states where we have licensed providers. In addition, our preparation goes beyond an online provider visits as we have prepared for providing testing to those that are being denied testing from their local Health Districts, due to not meeting strict requirements by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), or the guidelines from their state that might prevent them from being tested if showing symptoms of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
We are reviewing daily briefings from the Dept. of Health for the regions that we serve, as well as receiving guidance through conference calls, and webinars on the state level, and with federal agencies with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). It is always our mission to be prepared for any situation medically, even if COVID-19 was not a factor, and we will continue to be a resource and a source of trustworthy knowledge for the communities we serve, and beyond.
If I have symptoms that are similar to COVID-19, what do I do?
Should you have symptoms and need urgent medical attention, call 9-1-1.
- If you believe you are infected and would like to schedule a doctor’s visit and avoid other infected people, you can Schedule an Online Doctors Visit now. If you would like to schedule a doctors appointment we can get you seen right away.
- In an effort to provide affordable healthcare during this state of emergency, Cura is currently discounting online doctor visits for only $69. We understand that many people have not been able to get tested due to strict guidelines, but still need answers. We believe it is our duty to help provide these answers, and will help as much as we can. We care about you, and your family. We will strive to be a resource for what you need to know about testing, and will be able to refer you to a facility for testing if necessary.
- If you are not ready to schedule an appointment, and you are interested in setting up an account at a later time, please contact us.
In an effort to keep your local community and healthcare professionals safe, if you feel that you have symptoms that are consistent to Coronavirus (COVID-19), please DON’T surprise your healthcare facility by arriving without announcing yourself. A Telemedicine visit through Cura is an excellent option that can help without exposing and spreading what you may have to others, even if it isn’t the Coronavirus. If you decide to visit one of our affiliated clinics in person, or a medical facility in your region, please call the medical facility, and let them know to expect you. Your selected healthcare location may have a few questions for you to answer so they can provide you with the best care. Again, an online doctor’s visit can get you connected to a qualified healthcare professional immediately, without the wait, and without being around others that are potentially getting treatment for the same thing. We are focused on providing patients with the best remote healthcare options, and keeping communities as safe as possible by limiting exposure to yourself, and others.
If you have an at-risk or elderly person in your household, you may qualify for Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM). Getting set up for monitoring now, before a potential issue arises should someone in your family become ill, will help you monitor an at-risk loved one. We can do this from the comfort of your home, and send you the medical equipment needed to monitor oxygen, blood pressure, lung performance meter, etc. We can see if you qualify to receive these items at no cost to you. Should someone in an at-risk household become exposed to COVID-19, they could still receive monitoring from a healthcare professional in the event they would not be able to leave their home. Request Remote Patient Monitoring for yourself or loved one.
Is my life at risk if I become infected with COVID-19?
Because you are infected with COVID-19 does not mean that your life is in danger. If you have an existing health condition or have a weakened immune system, (or are around someone that with at-risk conditions) these additional safety measures can help you protect yourself, or your loved one from contracting this virus:
- There’s no place like home-so stay there if you are sick, and prevent further spread.
- Keep your hands to yourself-and abstain from touching your eyes, nose & mouth.
- Sing Happy Birthday two times at a moderate speed while washing your hands… that should take about 20 seconds, and thorough hand-washing will help.
- When you don’t have access to soap and water, reach for an alcohol based sanitizer.
- If people around you are coughing and sneezing, stay away from them, and don’t have close contact with them.
- Use a disinfectant/cleaning spray to keep surfaces clean at home, and within your areas of work. Telework when possible, should anyone from your workplace test positive for COVID-19.
- If you are concerned that you may have been infected, and want to get tested, click here to schedule an online visit with one of our providers, and we can help you with your care, as well as help coordinate with testing for COVID-19.
Is Cura making sure patients are safe?
Cura’s team is earnestly following COVID-19, and we are concentrating our efforts on education and preventative measures. We will continue to stay up to date and be a trusted resource for knowledge regarding the circumstances of the Coronavirus, and any other health situations that may arise.
More information that can be of use, can be found at the following websites: